I was a bit bored, so I decided to try another Nuzlocke challenge. I already did one with Fire Red, but the rules ended up a bit too forgiving, so I didn’t have many issues in beating the game. This time, the rules will be slightly harder, but again, not by much. The game I picked was Emerald, because I needed fresh Pokémon. The rules are the following:
- Name your Pokémon for more emotional attachment.
- If a Pokémon faints, release it. It’s gone forever.
- You are only allowed to catch the first Pokémon in each new area.
- No going back this time. Once you leave an area, you cannot catch a Pokémon there under any circumstances.
- No fishing, no special Pokémon. You can only catch Pokémon through battles.
- All levels of a cave count as one area.
Anyway, those are the rules and Emerald will be the game. On a side note, I also decided to draw every single Pokémon I catch, as well as maybe some other things. I suck at drawing, though, so at best, it will be good for a laugh or two.